# Communication & Network Security
# Network diagram
In order to prepare your organization's network for SalesTim, here is an overview of the the different network flows involved:
This diagram is comprised of three forms of traffic.
# Regular Microsoft Teams flows (Purple lines)
The Microsoft Teams client has two main flows, one for authentication against your Azure AD and one for Microsoft API.
The flows are not impacted by SalesTim.
# SalesTim's internal flows (Orange lines)
These flows are entirely internal to SalesTim and have no impact on your network infrastructure.
# Flows between your organization's network and the SalesTim platform (Green lines)
All the traffic from and to the SalesTim platform uses HTTPS protocol on port 443.
Here is a short description of each flow:
- *.salestim.io for the main app, *.salestim.com for online help contents
- *.msecnd.net and *..visualstudio.com for performance metrics analysis
- *.windows.net for blob cache storage
- *.microsoft.com for Microsoft Graph API access
# Traffic encryption
All the traffic from and to the SalesTim platform is encrypted (and HTTPS protocol enforced), using TLS v1.2 (opens new window), ensuring secure communication between our customers and our platform. To do so, we’re using Azure Front Door as the only entry point to the app (web apps and API).
You can review online our latest Certificates Report (opens new window)
Online SSL Test
You can see a detailed report of our SSL certificate using this free online service that performs a deep analysis of the configuration of our SSL:
Launch Qualys SSL Server Test (opens new window)
# DDoS prevention
While we've prevented rogue traffic from accessing our servers and network, it’s still possible for external services to block anyone else from using our service by creating a distributed, denial-of-service attack.
To prevent this, we're using Azure Traffic Manager as a first level of protection.
Learn more about Azure Traffic Manager (opens new window)
# Domains whitelisting
We understand that our customers need to be confident that they are communicating with SalesTim in a secure environment. Domains whitelisting is one of the most effective methods of ensuring this and prevents any internet traffic intended for SalesTim from being hijacked or rerouted to a rogue website.
Our complete portfolio of domains are outlined below to help our customers configure their corporate web proxy.
This information is subject to change and we recommend that you check back quarterly for the addition of new domains.
# SalesTim Web App
- Domains/Hosts: *.salestim.io
- Justification/Purpose: SalesTim main web application for Microsoft Teams
# SalesTim Help Center
- Domains/Hosts: *.salestim.com
- Justification/Purpose: SalesTim Help Center embedded into the Microsoft Teams app
# Microsoft Azure Application Insight
- Justification/Purpose: Azure service used by SalesTim to collect anonymous performance metrics, telemetry and application logs/traces. More infos (opens new window)
# Microsoft Azure Blob Storage
- Domains/Hosts: stappsaprd.blob.core.windows.net
- Justification/Purpose: Storage used by SalesTim to store templates pictures/icons
# Microsoft Graph API
- Domains/Hosts: graph.microsoft.com
- Justification/Purpose: API used by SalesTim to interact with Microsoft 365 services
- Justification/Purpose: Used by SalesTim to bring an embedded support system into the app, and connect end-users and administrators with our support team.
Learn more about Third-party Security