# Team creation approval workflow
This article describes how to configure SalesTim to create an approval workflow for your teams creation requests with your own internal email as a sender to approvers.
To implement its approval workflow, SalesTim relies on Outlook Actionable Messages to help approvers manage their approval requests right from their inbox. Outlook Actionable messages are emails that embed Adaptive Cards in a very secure way, by enforcing both end-user authentication and phishing prevention.
# What do I have to do?
You need to enable the service account that you configured in SalesTim to be authorized to send actionable messages. For that, and to ensure the security around the messages that are sent, Microsoft require to follow these quick steps:
Open the Actionable Email Developer Dashboard and login with a Microsoft 365 user with
Fill the form:
- Friendly Name:
Teams Approvalfor example
- Provider Id (originator): Copy the value that is Automatically generated
- Organization Info: Automatically generated
- Sender email address from which actionable emails will originate: Your service account email address
- Target URLs:
- Public Key:
- Logo: You can use the SalesTim Logo
- Scope of submission:
- Additional Information: One of your Microsoft 365 Exchange or Global administrators
- Friendly Name:
Before submitting the form, BE SURE TO COPY THE PROVIDER ID VALUE
Accept the terms and conditions and hit "Save"
Wait for your Microsoft 365 Exchange or Global administrators to approve this request
Global Admin and Exchange Administrators are then receiving the request in inbox that needs to be approved.
- the administrator needs to approve:
- The Provider is then confirmed as approved
Open the SalesTim Settings tab and open "Approval"
Paste the provider id you copied in the step 3 and hit "Save"
From the SalesTim Catalog, you should now be able to enable the approval workflow on your templates (You may have to refresh the page to see your changes).
For more details about this procedure, you may refer to Register your service with the actionable email developer dashboard.
# More about Actionable Messages
# what about security?
- End-user authentication is entirely managed by the Outlook client (Desktop, Web and Mobile) by providing to the actionable message the required token.
- Phishing prevention is ensured by using a Card Signing mechanism
# How does it works?
Actionable messages security is guaranteed by:
- The fact that the actionable message could only be used from the context of a secured Outlook client.
- A sender verification is enforced using signed cards. See: Sender verification
- Requests sent by the actionable message are verified to ensure that they originate from Microsoft. See: Verifying that requests come from Microsoft
- The token provided by Outlook to the actionable message is used to verify the end-user identity. See: Verifying the identity of the user.
Learn more by reading Security requirements for actionable messages in Office 365.